This is a 2part assignment.
PART1 â€“ Scholar Practitioner
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Develop a personal philosophy and framework acknowledging professional and accrediting agency competencies relating to the role and scope of practice of the family nurse practitioner.
- Identify a nurse theorist or professional accrediting agency that provides the foundation for this philosophy development.
- Secondarily, identify variations in prescriptive authority among APNs.
- Compare prescribing privileges from the state within you will practice and compare to another state.
- Discuss similarities and differences with a focus on client safety concerns or initiatives.
Students are expected to:
1. Post an initial substantive response of 250 words
Include in text-citations, APA format, use at least 2 peer review journals
HERE is a sample:
My role as a family nurse practitioner is to come alongside those individuals with either health alterations or less than optimum wellness and explore with them the ‘stressors’ that are contributing to their current health status. My role as practitioner is one of ‘caring’, listening, and collaborating. My role as researcher is to seek evidence that may impact a plan for restoration of health and wellness. Once a mutually agreeable plan is developed, my role is to educate the patient on those actions/activities that are required to achieve their desired health outcome.
I believe that Virginia Henderson’s theory aligns well with my approach to patients.
Henderson’s 14 components of basic nursing care:
Eat and drink adequately.
Eliminate body wastes.
Move and maintain desirable positions.
Sleep and rest.
Select suitable clothing-dress and undress.
Maintain body temperature within normal range by adjusting clothing and modifying the environment.
Keep the body clean and well-groomed and protect the integument.
Avoid dangers in the environment and avoid injuring others.
Communicate with others in expressing emotions, needs, fears, or opinions.
Worship according to one’s faith.
Work in such a way that there is a sense of accomplishment.
Play or participate in various forms of recreation.
Essays, UK. (November 2013). Virginia Henderson Theory Of Nursing Essay. Retrieved from https://www.ukessays.com/essays/nursing/virginia-henderson-theory-of-nursing-nursing-essay.php?vref=1
Prescriptive authority is granted to the advanced practice nurse in my state, Missouri, through a legislative process [The Nurse Practice Act]. Currently a collaborative practice agreement with a physician is required for prescriptive authority in Missouri.
Prescribing of controlled substances is dependent on the collaborating physicians possessing a DEA number.
Prescriptive authority in Iowa and Kansas [neighboring states] does not require a collaborative practice agreement. Missouri is attempting to enact similar legislation. I understand that California requires a certain level of pharmacology education is verified/documented before an APN can apply for prescriptive authority.
As for the differences in prescriptive authority and focus on client safety I do not see where APNs having prescriptive authority is a safety concern as long as we are functioning in our scope of practice – as a family nurse practitioner in a primary care setting. For the APNs who function in specialty practices or as hospitalists, I believe they must stay on top of their own education when it comes to the range of medications that they will be prescribing.
You have been called to testify in front of a regulatory committee that is reviewing the credentialing and clinical privilege rules for APNâ€™s. Because of your experience in the field you are considered an expert in this area.
- Explain in detail the difference between APN certification and credentialing.
- Then explain the meaning of clinical privilege.
- Why are certification, credentialing, and clinical privileges important to patient safety?
Students are expected to:
- Post an initial substantive response of 250 words
- Include in text-citations, APA format, use at least 2 peer review journals
- There are 3 prompts you need to respond to in your discussion. Advanced Practice Nursing: An Integrative Approach chapter on ‘Understanding Regulatory, Legal, and Credentialing Requirements’ is a good resource for you to use to construct your response to this discussion. You may need to seek additional resources for the ‘clinical privileges’ component of the discussion.