Mehil owns a taxi business in Newcastle. He recently expanded his business by including limousines.
Mehil’s accountant has provided the following information on monthly revenues and costs:
· The taxi division has monthly revenues of $3,475,000
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
· The Limousine division generates revenues of $375,000.
· Expenses of $2,656,750 were allocated to divisions based on the number of kilometres travelled.
Mehil has heard about Activity Based Costing and wants to know what benefits it could provide, so he has obtained the following monthly information on expenses for NSW:
Mehil has identified that the main activity cost areas include salaries, vehicle costs and booking fees.
Call centre booking fees
Complete the following activities:
1. Identify the appropriate cost pools and calculate the appropriate driver rates for the activities listed above.
You may wish to use the following table in your answer
Booking Cost Fuel
No of Booking
Payroll cost Fuel
No of Hours
Motor Vehicle Cost Fuel
No of Kilometres
2. Using ABC costing, prepare a product line profitability report.
Show all workings in your answer and ensure you have reconciled data to ensure accuracy of calculations.