A public service announcement (PSA) is like an advertisement that informs us about something important. The purpose of a PSA is to benefit the public by raising awareness about an issue or topic.
1. Create the PSA flyer
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In this assignment, you will choose a single fiction story from the list below, analyze the story, and create a PSA flyer on a single theme from your analysis (see the example attached to the directions). You will not include the story title or author in the flyer. The flyer focuses only on the theme and adheres to the purpose of a PSA.
Fiction story options/choose only one:
Everything Stuck to Him
A Worn Path
In Another Country
The Jilting of Granny Weatherall
The Life You Save May Be Your Own
A Rose for Emily
Your PSA flyer should:
- Include a â€œhookâ€ that grabs the viewerâ€™s attention.
- Use font and color choices wisely and purposefully. For example, bold font can emphasize key points
- Be in Microsoft Word or PDF file format Acceptable file formats are .doc, .docx, .odt, or PDF only. Do not use a presentation program like PowerPoint.
- Contain 2 related images (no more and no less than 2). An image can make information stand out and be more effective
- Use a minimum of 2 credible sources for content and 2 sources for images credited in APA format. U
2. Compose your response about the PSA flyer
On page 2 of your Word document, write a paragraph of 7 sentences that explains the themeâ€™s connection to the story and why this is a topic that is important for the world to understand.
First sentence: Topic sentence identifying themeâ€™s connection and naming the storyâ€™s title and author
Second sentence: Evidence for the theme
Third sentence: Explanation of the evidence
Fourth sentence: Identify why the PSA topic is important for the publicâ€™s awareness
Fifth sentence: Evidence for importance
Sixth sentence: Explanation of the evidence
Seventh sentence: Summary sentence
3. Reference your sources to avoid plagiarism and copyright issues
Below your paragraph include your 2 information sources and 2 image sources in APA format.
See the example PSA flyer attached.