For this assignment, choose a news story from the APA at http://www.apa.org/news/psycport/, or search the Internet to select a credible news article that reports on a specific topic or issue from the field of psychology.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
In your critique explain the conclusions, implications and/or consequences of the information presented in the article. Speculate on the effect this information could have on real-world situations such as health care, political movements, economics, lifestyle, moral attitudes, and social belief systems. Support those assertions with specific evidence and detail from the article and what you learned in class.
Do not merely summarize or quote the article. Be sure to select an article with some depth and substance so that you have enough material to evaluate.
Read, analyze, and synthesize with objectivity and focus.
Write a critical consideration of the current informationavailable about the subject matter presented in the article.Briefly and purposefully, summarize and analyze thearticle to create a unique and valuable piece of writing that evaluates current theories or work in the field ofpsychology.
Review the literature with a focus on the hypothesis or main idea, address any scientific research mentioned, and analyze the results or premises presented.
Include the following in your critique:
- Identify and articulate the key issue(s) in thearticle in a brief and pointed summary.
- Identify information/evidence in the articlethat supports the point of view andconclusions presented in the article. Quote and paraphrase with internal APA citations.
- Identify background information relevant tothe point of view and conclusions presented in the article. Use prior knowledge, and you may use your course materials.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of the findings and conclusions presented.
- Do you see any ethical concerns in the research or the findings? Why or why not?
- Identify and describe the research method or methods used or likely used to reach the conclusions presented.
- How could this topic be further studied? Describe a potential study and the research method you would use to get results.
- Explore and evaluate the issue(s) relevanceto real-world problems and solutions.
- Clarify your own position, perspective, orhypothesis on the ideas presented in the article.
- Explain the conclusions, implications, andconsequences of the article as it pertains to the field of psychology or the subject being addressed.
Your critique should be between 5-7 pages long, in addition to a title page and reference page.
Additional sources are not required, but you may choose to include them. You may reference your text.
Use APA format to style your paper and to cite your sources. Your source(s) should be integrated into the paragraphs. Use internal citations pointing to evidence in the literature and supporting your ideas. You will need to include a reference page listing those sources.