Case Study 2: Disaster Recovery (DR) Lessons Learned: September 11th
Read the article titled â€œ9/11: Top lessons learned for disaster recovery,â€ from Computerworld.com, located at http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9219867/9_11_Top_lessons_learned_for_disaster_recovery , and consider the effects the attacks of September 11, 2001, have had on technology recovery efforts.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Write a two to four (2-4) page paper in which you:
- Explain how the attacks affected risk management in organizations and have prompted an increased justification for recovery-based objectives, initiatives, and expenditures.
- Analyze the use of social media and other current methods of communication for emergency notifications during an incident or disaster situation.
- Determine whether or not organizations need to consider distanced geographic locations when preparing for backup operations / data centers, and determine the effects that recovery point objectives (RPO) and recovery time objectives (RTO) have on these decisions.
- Evaluate the use of cloud services as tools for recovery operations within an organization, and explain how they could increase or decrease the effectiveness of recovery operations.
- Determine whether or not cloud services are ideal recovery options for organizations regardless of their size. Provide a rationale to support the answer.
- Use at least four (4) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain risk management in the context of information security.
- Summarize the various types of disasters, response and recovery methods.
- Compare and contrast the methods of disaster recovery and business continuity.
- Explain and develop a business continuity plan to address unforeseen incidents.
- Develop techniques for different disaster scenarios.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in disaster recovery.
- Write clearly and concisely about disaster recovery topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
- Write clearly and concisely about disaster recovery topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventio