Hey, I have an easy discussion board to do, It requires some easy readings. I will post the requirements down below.
One Flew Over the Cuckooâ€™s Nest is an allegory of larger society. This discussion board asks you to relate those concepts raised in One Flew Over the Cuckooâ€™s Nest to specific material from chapters one and two of your Novel Approach to Politics and, at least for you â€œAâ€ students, some â€œreal worldâ€ political concepts as well.
- Chapters One, Two, and Three of Novel Approach to Politics as well as corresponding Power Point presentations,etc.
- Relevant â€œreal worldâ€ political examples.
If you have trouble getting started, here are some questions you may want to consider inOne Flew Over the Cuckooâ€™s Nest: What are the major political themes addressed in the Cuckooâ€™s Nest? What role does Nurse Ratched play? McMurphy? The Patients? The administrators and psychiatrists? How does Nurse Ratched maintain order on the ward? Is the purpose of the ward to cure insanity? What does it mean to be insane or to be dangerous? Why the basketball, fishing, drinking, and sexual references?
If you are having trouble relating these topics to the textbook, you may want to consider topic such as: power v. freedom, idealism v. realism, power v. freedom, collective action, Classical Liberalism v. Traditional Conservatism, Security, Anarchy, Hierarchy, Alliances, Groups and Group Identities, etc.
Tips for Success:
– I will be looking for direct references to assigned readings (author and page # citations are adequate).
– I recommend composing your content in an offline text editor and then copying and pasting in post. That way you will have an offline copy of all of your hard work!
– You are required to reply to two of your peers in this forum; reply first to those students who have not had a lot of replies. In your replies, provide some thoughtful feedback on their ideas.