DISCUSSION POST MUST BE 10+ SENTENCES AND PEER REVIEWS MUST BE 7+ SENTENCES STAY ON TOPIC BE POSITIVE AND DO NO NOT COMMENT ON GRAMMAR ERRORS ( WHEN DOING PEER REVIEWS YOU MUST TALK DIRECTLY TO THE CLASSMATE)
1) DISCUSSION POST
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
STREAMING LIVE AND THE HARLEM RENAISSANCE
TOPIC: Please respond to one of the following topics, using the class text and sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- TOPIC OPTION ONE: STREAM AND SCREAM: Write for one minute using the stream of consciousness writing method (Note: You may also type it offline and then copy it into this discussion thread). Describe your experience and your reaction to what you wrote. Of the samples of the stream of consciousness technique given in this week’s chapters (see pages listed under EXPLORE), determine which of those streaming styles you prefer and explain the reasons why.
- TOPIC OPTION TWO: Of the various authors, artists, and musicians who participated in the Harlem Renaissance, identify the person whose autograph you would most want (or some similar gesture of admirationâ€”a selfie with them, etc), and explain the reasons why. Provide one example that illustrates the reason why you selected the person that you did. (The example–specific lines in a poem; specific song; specific work; etc).
- Chapter 35 (pp. 1163-1166); Chapter 36 (p. 1189), stream of consciousness â€“ background and samples; the topic asks about theseâ€”so consider them
- Method and exploration of stream-of-consciousness writing at http://dversepoets.com/2012/05/24/stream-of-consco…
- Writing a stream: http://thewritepractice.com/stream-of-consciousnes… and http://literarydevices.net/stream-of-consciousness…
- Chapter 36 (pp. 1172-1180); review the Week 8 â€œMusic Folderâ€ and this weekâ€™s INSTRUCTOR INSIGHTS
- Website and video at http://www.history.com/topics/harlem-renaissance
2) PEER REVIEW
Hello classmates and professor,
If I could get an autograph from an author, artist, or musician who participated in the Harlem Renaissance it would have to be F. Scott Fitzgerald. I would want his autograph due to his work on The Great Gatsby. Ive read this novel at least a dozen times, it is and im sure will continue to be a timeless piece of love and the dangers it can bring if you fall in love with the wrong person. It was eventually turned into a motion picture however nothing beats the novel it speaks volumes to anyone who has actually read it a real page turner. You can feel the glitz and glam of the parties.
3) PEER REVIEW
A stream of consciousness is defined by the style of writing which is more intuitive and free-flowing which tries to capture the character’s imagination and thought process without any hindrance. Many authors and writers of repute have popularised this particular style of writing. After being popularised by mainstream writers is a lot of new age writers have taken up this style of writing to express a characterâ€™s thought and imagination. It is a narration par excellence, which helps the reader to go back and forward in time, the way a writer tries to define the particular character. A particular character goes through much thought, and there could be a significant amount of imagery within his mind. It requires a distinctive style to bring out those thoughts and images from the minds of the character on to the paper and make the reader understand exactly what the character is going through. Golden narration and description looks very free-flowing and natural, takes much effort to generate such images in the minds of the readers. Because of its exquisiteness, it has found many fans following not only among the readers but also within the writer’s community.