Assignment 4: Interpreting the Results of a Survey
Due Week 10 and worth 150 points
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Begin this project by reading the article titled â€œThe Role of Nurses in the Sexual Counseling of Patients after Myocardial Infarctionâ€, located at http://www.hsj.gr/medicine/the-role-of-nurses-in-the-sexual-counseling-of-patients-after-myocardial-infarction.pdf. The authors examined the role of nursing in sexual counseling of myocardial patients. They also examined professional nurses and collected data about their gender, age, education, unit of employment, and experience in cardiac clinics. They then compared the knowledge and comfort level that nurses had with regard to sexual counseling.
Address each of the following seven (7) items. Answer each item in one (1) or more complete sentences. Each item is worth twenty-five (20) points, except for Item 7 which is worth thirty (30) points:
- Identify the dependent variables from the study.
- If the knowledge is measured by the score in points that the nurse receives on a test, determine the type of variable (e.g., quantitative, qualitative, continuous, categorical, etc.) and the level of measurement. Explain your answer.
- If these researchers conducted surveys at a nursing conference, determine the type of sample and explain how this affects generalizability of the results.
- Express a null hypothesis and an alternative hypothesis for this study. Explain your rationale.
- Provide your conclusion from the following data. Explain your response.
The study has an alpha of 0.05 and a power of 80%. The researchers found a relationship between the unit that the nurses worked on and the knowledge scores with a p-value of 0.01.
- Provide your conclusion about the comfort level of nurses from different units if they found a
p-value of 0.17 when comparing nurses from different units. Explain your response. Estimate the range of the F-value if they found p > 0.17 when comparing nurses from different units and their comfort level. Explain your response.
- Do you believe that we can trust the results of this study? Is the evidence strong enough to change the practices within healthcare environments? Do you note any study design flaws? Do you think that the results of this study could result in a practice change? Why or why not?