Mini Essay Questions about Managing Risks for Nurses in Hospitals
Reply to each question with a paragraph of 300+ words. All references should be in APA format.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
- Review your hospitalâ€™s organizationâ€™s risk management policies as they relate to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and workers’ compensation. Describe the (a) process for reporting an incident. If there is no existing policy, explain the steps in developing and obtaining for a policy within either your organization or a typical health care organization. Support your analysis with a minimum of one peer-reviewed reference.
- Review your organizationâ€™s risk management policies (or those for a typical health care organization) as they relate to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA) and workers’ compensation. Describe the (a) process for reporting an incident. If there is no existing policy, explain the steps in developing and obtaining for a policy within either your organization or a typical health care organization. Support your analysis with a minimum of one peer-reviewed reference.
- The Patient Self-Determination Act (PSDA) was implemented to allow patients to state â€œDo Not Resuscitateâ€ (DNS), or to assign a surrogate decision maker in the event the individual is unable to make the decision. What relationship does an ethics committee have in enforcing the advance directives of the patients in their care? Support your analysis with a minimum of one peer-reviewed article.
- The Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) publishes a list of health care-acquired conditions (HACs). What actions has your health care organization (or health care organizations in general) implemented to manage or prevent these “never events” from happening within their health care facilities? Support your response with a minimum two peer-reviewed articles.
- The Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals (NPSGs) address patient safety issues within health care organizations. First, review the current NSPGs at http://www.jointcommission.org/standards_information/npsgs.aspx. Next, determine three patient safety issues that are being addressed by your health care organization (or health care organizations in general). Lastly, identify the actions the organization is taking, or identify three action-item issues to be addressed by health care organizations in general. What actions should the health care organization take regarding each of these NPSGs, and why? What goals do they need to achieve? Support your responses with a minimum of two peer-reviewed references. (slides attached)
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Centers for Medicaid and Medicare Services (CMS), and The Joint Commission (TJC) require that health care organizations maintain risk management programs to address infection control. Detail three measures that your health care organization (or any health care organization) needs to address in the delivery of safe health care services. (Example: Placing hand washing devices at all of the public entrances of the health care facility). Support your response with a minimum of two peer-reviewed references.
- Health care organizations continually face challenges from various regulatory and government agencies, and are also bound by Managed Care Organization (MCO) standards. View the video â€œCollege of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Do we know what our future is?â€ for insight into the challenges of health care reform. http://lc.gcumedia.com/zwebassets/courseMaterialPages/nur508_healthcare-reform-video-series-v1.1.php. Based on the video, describe, with rationale, two key factors that you feel will need to be addressed by future health care workers and health care leaders. (Note: you can download slides from this video within the media piece itself for ease of review in developing your response). Additionally, what role does adherence to MCO standards play in your future health care vision?
- The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010 (section titled â€œSubtitle Dâ€) identifies requirements relating to provider compliance with fraud, waste, and abuse laws. Identify three measures that your health care organization ((or health care organizations in general) has initiated, or could initiate, to comply with these measures. Support your analysis with a minimum of two peer-reviewed articles.