one Word document for this assignment. You will create this Word document by cutting and pasting SPSS output into Word. Name the file in the following format: lastnamefirstinitialPSY7107-10.doc (example: smithbPSY7107-10.doc).
Begin by downloading the following SPSS data set:
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
â€¢ Activity 10.sav (found in Books and Resources for this Week)
This assignment consists of two parts. In the first part, you will utilize an existing dataset to analyze dataset from repeated-measures experimental design. All SPSS output should be pasted into your Word document. In the second part, you will be asked to create a dataset for a hypothetical repeated-measures experimental design. Finally, you will answer questions about your hypothetical dataset.
Part A. SPSS Assignment
The â€œActivity 10.savâ€ file contains a dataset of a high school teacher interested in determining whether his studentsâ€™ test scores increase over the course of a 12 week period. In the dataset, you will find the following variables:
Participant: unique identifier Gender: Male (M) or Female (F)
Score_0 â€“ score on the initial course pre-test (first day of class) Score_2 â€“ score at the end of week 2
Score_4 â€“ score at the end of week 4
Score_6 â€“ score at the end of week 6
Score_8 â€“ score at the end of week 8
Score_10 â€“ score at the end of week 10
Score_12 â€“ score at the end of the course (week 12)
Now do the following:
- Exploratory Data Analysis.
- Perform exploratory data analysis on the relevant variables in the dataset. When possible, include appropriate graphs to help illustrate the dataset.
- Give a one to two paragraph write up of the data once you have done this.
- Create an APA style table that presents descriptive statistics for the sample.
- Repeated Measures ANOVA. Perform a repeated measures ANOVA using the â€œActivity 10.savâ€ data set. You will use Score_0 through Score_12 as your repeated measure (7 levels), and gender as a fixed factor.
- Is the assumption of sphericity violated? How can you tell? What does this mean in the context of interpreting the results?
- Is there a main effect of gender? If so, explain the effect. Use post hoc tests when necessary (or explain why they are not required in this specific case).
- Is there a main effect time (i.e., an increase in scores from Week 0 to Week 12)? If so, explain the effect. Use post hoc tests when necessary (or explain why they are not required in this specific case). Examine the output carefully, and give as much detail as possible in your findings.
- Write up the results in APA style and interpret them. Be sure that you discuss both main effects and the presence/absence of an interaction between the two.
Part B. Applying Analytical Strategies to an Area of Research Interest
- Briefly restate your research area of interest.
- Identify at least 2 variables for which you would utilize a repeated measures ANOVA in your analysis. Describe the variables and their scale of measurement. Identify whether each factor is fixed or repeating. Where on the SPSS output would you look to find out if you violated the assumption of sphericity? If the data did violate this assumption, what would the impact be on your analysis?
You should now have the following file:
lastnamefirstinitialPSY7107-10.doc (example: smithbPSY7107-10.doc)