Title: Becoming a Helper Edition: 7th (2015) Author: Marianne Schneider Corey and Gerald Corey Publisher: Cengage Learning Book ISBN: 978-1-305-08509-
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Your original response to the Discussion topic should be at least 350 words and should reflect the fact that you have completed the Reading and activities. Use your words wisely so that the posting has substance and includes examples and explanations. Best practice is to include citations and a reference list.
Chapter 13 of your textbook provides insight on the stressors of being employed as a human service professional and the different coping skills and mechanisms to help reduce burnout are discussed. Self-care is very important when working in the human services field; if you as a human service professional are not self-informed, than you cannot provide your client the adequate help needed to work through their issues. The reading also identified theories which can be applied to the different situations and scenarios one may encounter in this profession. At least once in your human service profession you will encounter a client or situation similar to one you have personally experienced.
- What can you do, or what skills or theories can you practice, to separate your own personal experiences from those of your client?
- Stress can come from environmental factors as well as individual; how can you distinguish your source of stress?
- What would you do to cope with this stress? Provide a check list of triggers you would assess to come to your conclusion.
- What steps can you take to make sure you do not burnout and to ensure that your clients get the proper service?
- Name some wellness strategies.
Please remember to cite your work using APA format when referencing from the text or outside resources.