The Literature Review
The literature review is typically the first step to a research paper because you learn how others have studied the same topic with similar questions. You will learn the theories and definitions of terms that are necessary for understanding and further exploring the research topic. A literature review typically begins with the development of a bibliography which is a list of peer-reviewed articles, book chapters, and other documents directly related to you topic.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Literature Review Assignment
For this assignment you will create a five-page literature review that includes a title page, a review of literature section with a summary paragraph and a references section. You should have FIVE pages of content (the title page and references sections do not count in your page total).
The â€œReview of Literatureâ€ section should contain your discussion of a minimum of five sources. At least three of the sources should be peer-reviewed articles that have been previously published relating to your research theory or research question. You should look for a combination of peer-reviewed sources, trade publications, newspaper articles, and credible websites for a minimum of five sources. You can use many more sources, if you desire. In your review of the literature, be certain to provide parenthetical citations for each source. Where possible, you should refrain from using direct quotes. Instead, you will paraphrase the information in your own words.
The â€œReferencesâ€ section should contain the APA reference listing of all sources used. It should be presented as a new page at the end of the paper.
Refer to the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association for APA style formatting. Generally, your literature review is double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 pt. font. Parenthetical citations should include the authorâ€™s last name and date of publication. Any quoted material will be cited with the authorâ€™s last name, the date of publication, and the page number in the source. The reference list is also double-spaced with a â€œhangingâ€ indent.
The grading criteria for this assignment is as follows:
- Is the paper properly formatted in APA style? Is it double-spaced in Times New Roman 12 point font? Does it contain a title page? (Consult your APA style sources for appropriate APA style section headings.)
- Are parenthetical citations used to note the sources for all material discussed in the literature review?
- Are all sources discussed in the paper listed in the references section of the paper? Are they presented in proper APA style? Is the list double-spaced with a hanging indent? (Consult APA style.)
- Is quoted material appropriate? For example, are there too many quotes from authors that would be better presented by paraphrasing the information?
- Is quoted material properly cited? Does the citation include the author, date, and page or paragraph number? (Consult APA style.)
- Does the paper review at least five sources as part of the literature review? Is there an appropriate combination of peer-reviewed sources (at least three) and other sources for the topic?
- Is the length of the paper at least FIVE pages (excluding the title page and references)?
- Is the whole paper (literature review, title page, references) in one file?