You can complete this assignment after reading:
- Writing Business Memos (Links to an external site.), The Writing Center, George Mason University. This document contains two important pieces of information to help you think about your next memorandum. First, the document discusses how to think about the kinds of audiences likely to read a business memo and what each needs from the memo. Second, it discusses the organization and formatting of the document content.
- . This is the guide for structuring both the document and the content of this assignment.
- Statistics. (Links to an external site.)The University of North Carolina. This document discusses both how to read and how to present statistics. Both these perspectives can help you think about how to present your statistics clearly and with integrity, both important to persuading your audience.
- Tone in Business Writing (Links to an external site.), Purdue Online Writing Lab.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
The problem involves selecting a major vendor through comparative analysis
Writing Assignment 2.3: Business Memorandum
Problem description: You oversee a manufacturing facility that produces an automotive part (steel shaft for the gearbox). The acceptable dimension of the shaft is 2.5Â±0.05 inches in diameter with the most desirable product being exactly 2.5 inches. Two vendors are trying to sell their equipment for the shaft-machining task to your company, Automotive Parts Corporation. You have been asked to assess the equipment from each vendor, and to make a recommendation on which one to make the purchase from, supported by a justification for your decision.
You asked both vendors to supply data on the machining accuracy of their equipment for the given task. Both vendors machined 100 shafts, collected data, plotted histograms, fitted the histograms with normal distributions and supplied you with their findings
Let X= diameter in inches of the gearbox shaft
Ace Machines: X has a normal distribution with mean 2.48 and variance 0.001
Best Machinery: X has a normal distribution with mean 2.51 and variance 0.002
When you are completing your memorandum be sure to address the following:
- Recommend a vendor using the given information, develop and discuss your approach (give all details including quantitative justification). Your response to this question must be directed to the audience described below.
- Examine the scenario as described and discuss what additional information would be helpful to make this recommendation a stronger selection, and why that information would be useful. Be careful not to negate your recommendation as you explain this.
- Include your calculations as a titled addendum on its own page at the end of your document.
Audience: You are creating this document for the companyâ€™s Chief Operating Officer, Lin Gerard, and copying the Chief Financial Officer, Aileen Kitts. Documents involved in major financial decisions like this may also be distributed by the addressees to other executives and the corporate board members.
Document: Complete this assignment as a memorandum. Follow the guidance for reading. Utilize clear, professional language, including setting your Word preferences to check for a more professional writing approach. Examples of professional language constraints would include:provided in your
- Utilize plain language. (Links to an external site.)
- Develop the document around a direct, coherent message (thesis (Links to an external site.)) and clear analysis (Links to an external site.)to support it.
- Do not use contractions, slang or colloquialisms, clichÃ©s (Links to an external site.), abbreviations, or text message shortcuts.
Memorandum header is included & formatted per reading – 2 point
Executive Summary is included – 2 point
Memorandum is divided into sections with titles – 2 point
A minimum of one graphic is included – 2 point
A conclusion is included – 2 point