Case Study: MyCheckins
A startup company plans to develop an app which allows users to check in their daily
activities. For example, a user can log the following information in the app:
• At 15:00 on 1st August 2019, I visited Delicious restaurant with friends. We were there for
half an hour. A photo is attached.
The requirements for the app are listed as follows:
1. When a user opens the app, the main user interface (List UI) appears, which includes the
a. A list of check-in records is shown. For each record, its “title”, “date”, and “place” are
b. A toolbar with two entries: “New”, “Help”.
2. When the user clicks the menu item “New” in List UI, a new UI (Item UI) appears to allow the
user to log a new record. The following items should be displayed: “Title”, “Place”, “Details”,
“Date”, “Location”, “Image”, “Share”.
a. “Title”, “Place”, and “Details” are editable text fields.
b. “Date” is a button, showing the current date. When clicked, it uses a dialog for users to
pick up a date.
c. “Location” has two parts: a (read-only) text view, and a button. The text view shows the
GPS location (Latitude, Longitude) captured when this UI first shows. When the button
“Show map” is clicked, it opens a new window to display the saved GPS location in
d. “Image” has two parts: an image view, and a button. When the button is clicked, it
allows the user to take a picture of the receipt with the camera, and display it.
e. “Share” is a button, allowing to send a summary of the record.
f. When a user leaves this UI, the record details are saved. The List UI should be refreshed.
3. When the user clicks a record in List UI, its details will be displayed in a new UI (Item UI)
similar to Requirement 2, but
a. GPS location should not be updated. Display the same GPS location when this record
b. A button “Delete” to delete this record. Deletion should bring the app to the refreshed
4. When the user clicks the menu item “Help” in the List UI, a new UI appears to show help
messages. The requirement is:
a. Use Webview for the implementation.
b. Use “https://www.wikihow.com/Check-In-on-Facebook” as the dummy content to show.
General implementation requirements:
• Requirement 2 & 3 should be implemented with one Activity.
• Use fragments for List UI and Item UI. Failure to do so will cause a penalty of 50% for each.
• Save receipt records with SQLite. Failure to do so will cause a penalty of 15 marks.
ICT311 Mobile App Development Assignm
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now