. The Company offers its customers a purchasing incentive: all CDs are always discounted 40% from the retail price.
2. The Company likes to store the names of “potential” customers, even if they’ve never done business with them.
3. All information about current distributors is kept on Rolodex cards.
4. Three times each year, the Company sends out 5–6 page brochures to advertise their top-selling and latest-release CDs, including general descriptions of each CD
(primarily the names of the stories).
5. The Company does not accept customer orders outside of the U.S.
6. The Company does not use distributors outside of the U.S.
Stories on CD, Inc.: Case Study In 2007, Bob and Jane Martin opened Stories on CD Company, Inc., a family-owned business that sells audio CDs of classic and best-selling children’s stories. The Company has a number of distributors from whom they purchase the CDs for resale. For selling purposes, the CDs are classified by appropriate age groups: 4–6; 7–10; and 11–14. Roughly 30% of total sales occur within their single retail store; the remaining 70% are through mail order. Sales are particularly strong during the summer vacation months and Christmas shopping season. When the business opened, Ted created a simple computerized database to handle customer orders and sales. A data form is filled out every time a customer places an order, and includes the following: DATA ENTRY FORM Customer number ____________Order date ___________ First name _________________ Last name __________________ Street _____________________ City, State, Zip ___________ ____________________________ Phone: ( )__________ CD number ____________ CD Title ___________________ ____________________________ Price $________ CD shipped? ? As the business has grown, so too has the Martin’s realization that their simple database has become something of a liability. The database is filled with duplicate data, and deleting unwanted data is nearly impossible because good data is deleted along with it. Stories on CD, Inc. has hired you to design a relational database to resolve these and other problems that plague the database. During the course of your interview with the Martin’s about their business, several additional things come to light that affect how you will design the database: Additional things that affect how you will design the database: 1. The Company offers its customers a purchasing incentive: all CDs are always discounted 40% from the retail price. 2. The Company likes to store the names of “potential” customers, even if…
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now