How can we negotiate successful agreements?
• Negotiation is the process of making decisions in situations in which the participants have different preferences.
• Substance goals concerned with outcomes and relationship goals concerned with processes are both important in successful negotiation.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Effective negotiation occurs when issues of substance are resolved while the process maintains good working relationships.
• Distributive negotiation emphasizes win–lose outcomes; integrative negotiation emphasizes win–win outcomes.
• Common negotiation pitfalls include the myth of the fi xed pie, overconfi dence, too much telling and too little hearing, and ethical misconduct.
• Mediation and arbitration are structured approaches to third-party dispute resolution. For Discussion How do you negotiate with someone who is trapped in the “myth of the fi xed pie”?