How do teams work?
• An effective team achieves high levels of task performance, member satisfaction, and team viability. Important team inputs include the organizational setting, nature of the task, size, and membership characteristics.
• A team matures through various stages of development, including forming, storming, norming, performing, and adjourning.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
• Norms are the standards or rules of conduct that infl uence the behavior of team members; cohesion is the attractiveness of the team to its members.
• In highly cohesive teams, members tend to conform to norms; the best situation is a team with positive performance norms and high cohesiveness.
• Distributed leadership occurs as members share in meeting a team’s task and maintenance needs.
• Effective teams make use of alternative communication structures, such as the centralized and decentralized networks, to best complete tasks. For Discussion What can be done if a team gets trapped in the storming stage of group development?