Last Updated on 03/18/2023 by Sophia
Assessment Deliverables [the tasks]
As suggested above this assignment requires you firstly to identify a case: either a successful project or a failed project, and
then based on the criteria you identified explain why the project either succeeded or failed. There are many references on
the theme of project success or failure, and hence you will need to do some research to set up your criteria.
Your report is to be typewritten as a Word.doc or .PDF ONLY (in English) on A4 pages. The report should be written in
clear, plain language, so that non-expert users can easily understand it. The report must be properly constructed, it should
contain all the necessary parts that a report is required to have. Include all relevant documents and support materials [if
required] in an appendix. All sources quoted in your report should be correctly referenced and included in a Reference.
Swinburne University has adopted the “Harvard Referencing System” for all reports. It is therefore expected that you will also
use this reference system in your final report.
You must email your case to your tutor for approval. This must be done an absolute minimum of one week before
the due date. Without approval, your assignment will not be marked.
Word limit of 2000 [Not including the case study (if provided), appendix, front page(s), references and table of
contents]. Anything over the word limit will be ignored and will not be marked.
On the front pages of all assessments submitted you must include:
• Full name and student ID
• Unit code, assessment number, due date and % weighting
• Assessment name and a descriptive title of your chosen topic
• Signed declaration as worded below:
• I hold a copy of this assignment that can be produced if the original is lost/damaged. To the best of my belief, no part of
this assignment has been copied from any other student’s work or from any other source except where due
acknowledgement is made in the text. No part has been written for me/us by any other person, except where such
collaboration has been authorised by the lecturer concerned.
• Signature and date.
1. You are expected to do your own wider research and find suitable references for your report.
2. You must not submit any assessments by emails to your tutor / lecturer / convener
3. Assignments without the cover page information above will not be marked.
4. The work you submit must be your work only and nobody else’s.
5. You MUST submit the report by through CANVAS via [Turnitin]. Assistance can be obtained from ADSHelp 
6. You must keep a backup. If your assessment task goes astray, whether your fault or others, you will be
required to re-produce it.
7. Late Submission incurs a 10% penalty for every day the task is late [2.5 marks each day] up to a maximum of 5
working days. After 5 working days a zero result will be recorded.
Swinburne University of Technology – Faculty of Business a