DO NOT COPY FROM CHEGG, COUREHERO, OR ANY ONLINE SITE. MY PROFESSOR LOOKS AT THESE SITES AND WILL GIVE ME A ZERO!
Week 3 Assignment
Problem Set 3 Instructorâ€™s Notes:
There are nine questions (1-1 to 1-6 and 2-1 to 2-3) All can be answered using the tables in Appendix B.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Seventy percent of the students applying to a university are accepted. Using the binomial probability tables or Excel, what is the probability that among the next 18 applicants:
- At least 6 will be accepted?
- Exactly 10 will be accepted?
- Exactly 5 will be rejected?
- Fifteen or more will be accepted?
- Determine the expected number of acceptances.
- Compute the standard deviation.
Scores on a recent national statistics exam were normally distributed with a mean of 80 and a standard deviation of 6.
- What is the probability that a randomly selected exam will have a score of at least 71?
- What percentage of exams will have scores between 89 and 92?
- If the top 2.5% of test scores receive merit awards, what is the lowest score eligible for an award?
Project Week 3
Project 3 Instructorâ€™s Notes:
You have seen the data in previous assignments. There are two questionsâ€”the second one has four parts. The project is a little confusing in the way it is written, so here is the clarification.
1. The first is a short answer.
2. The second, following on from the first question, asks for the analysis of a histogram for each major for private and public universities (4 histogramsâ€”a public and a private one for each major)â€”it will help if you use Excel to do a graph to help in your analysis. Make sure to analyze â€œAnnual % ROI,â€ not some other column.
For these project assignments throughout the course you will need to reference the data in the ROI Excel spreadheet. Download it here.
Using the ROI data set:
- If we select 7 colleges from a major and then record whether they are of â€˜School Typeâ€™ â€˜Privateâ€™ or not, is this experiment a binomial one? Why or why not?
- For each of the 2 majors determine if the â€˜Annual % ROIâ€™ appears to be normally distributed. Consider the shape of the histogram and the measures of central tendency (mean and median) to justify your results. Report on each of these with charts and calculations to justify your answers.