Last Updated on 08/08/2021 by Sophia
GRADING RUBRIC MUST BE FOLLOWED
MUST REVIEW CASE STUDY ATTACHED
To prepare for this assessment, do the following:
- View the case study. From it you will learn about the perspectives of various Independence Medical Center’s data users on data quality issues occurring within the Center.
- Revisit the work you completed in Assessments 1 and 2. In Assessment 1, you created a DMGP for Independence Medical Center. In Assessment 2 you created a data discovery report relating to data quality issues you discovered from examining Independence Medical Center’s various data sets.
Create a data integration strategy map illustrating a strategic framework, accountability, and quality and control mechanisms. Write a workplace brief (5-7 pages) to accompany the strategy map that provides a data integration strategy for a health care organization.
Your work on creating a new DMPG for Independence Medical Center continues. So far you have created a framework for a DMPG and have examined Independence Medical Center’s various data sets for data quality issues.
You next step is to formulate a strategy to resolve and support data quality issues. The Risk Management Director has asked you to work with him to develop, as part of the DMGP, a data integration strategy map and a workplace brief with recommendations to resolve data quality issues. The data integration strategy map is an overview. It is a visual representation of the data integration strategy plan. The workplace brief expands on and explains the information contained in the data integration strategy map.
The Risk Management Director has scheduled interviews with various data users at Independence Medical, so you can continue to collect information for your DMGP. These are included in the Vila Health: Data Integration media piece. He has provided a template for the strategy map to help you organize the information. This is also included within the media piece.
This assessment consists of two parts.
Part 1: Data Integration Strategy Map
Create a data integration strategy map for Independence Medical Center that illustrates a strategic framework, accountability, and quality and control mechanisms. Use the information you gleaned from the interviews conducted in the Vila Health: Data Integration media piece and the template provided in the media piece to create your strategy map. Also refer to the work you did in Assessments 1 and 2. Be sure to complete all nine cells in the strategy map; you will need to select only the most critical information to include.
Part 2: Workplace Brief
Often in health care organizations, data management issues, such as data quality, serve as the catalyst for organizations to develop a data governance and management plan. These issues also can drive strategies to implement the plan. To support the data integration strategy map you completed in Part 1 of this assessment, write a 5â€“7 page workplace brief that summarizes your findings and explains how these findings relate to Independence Medical Center’s ultimate goal of developing a DMGP.
Your workplace brief needs to address all of the following headings and answer the questions underneath each heading.
- Statement of the Problem (1 to 2 paragraphs).
- How would you summarize Independence Medical Center’s data quality and data integration issues you have uncovered to date?
- Data Management (1 page).
- How is a master patient index (MPI) used in patient information integration?
- Quality (1 page).
- How do data formatting issues impact data integration with information systems?
- Discovery (1 1/2 to 2 pages).
- Based on what you learned from completing Assessments 1 and 2 and from the interviews you viewed as part of this assessment, what data quality and data integration issues did you identify that influence database design and architecture?
- Recommendations (1 1/2 to 2 pages).
- Based on the strategy map you created, what is the integration strategy you recommend for Independence Medical Center.
- Conclusion (1 to 2 paragraphs).
- What are the key takeaways you want the Risk Management Director to remember about Independence Medical Center’s data quality and data integration issues from your strategy map and your workplace brief?