Consider a potential mixed methods research problem you might choose for your Signature Assignment involving a fictitious research proposal. This topic can be one you have examined in previous courses or one you have recently become interested in exploring further for your capstone project or dissertation research study.
Consider the general problems or issues currently existing within your professional area of interest in education. Remember that at the graduate-level, a problem from practice must also be situated within the peer-reviewed scholarly literature. As you continue to explore and learn more about your identified problems or issues of research interest, you will be able to more naturally narrow your research topic to one you will truly find interest and inspiration to research.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Once you have identified a fairly broad yet well-supported research problem, determine the three best peer-reviewed mixed methods research articles using the Northcentral Library involving the noted problem. (Note. Ensure the articles incorporated a mixed methods research design and not a meta-analysis or critical review of previously conducted mixed methods research findings.)
For each article, discuss the following elements:
- Identify the research problem of inquiry.
- Explain the purpose or intent of the research.
- Summarize the research questions(s) or areas of inquiry.
- Identify the specific mixed methods design utilized (concurrent or sequential).
- Describe the sample/participants and target population.
- Summarize how the ethical treatment of the human subjects was ensured.
- Explain the mixed methods data collection methods.
- Explain the mixed methods data analysis methods.
- Describe how validity of the quantitative data was assured as well as trustworthiness of the qualitative data gathered.
- Briefly reflect on the overall strengths and weaknesses of the reviewed mixed methods research.
Support your assignment with the three articles reviewed and other appropriate scholarly resources, including older articles, may be included.
Length: 5 pages, not including title and reference pages ( no later than 6 years old
Your assignment should demonstrate your understanding of the alignment of the mixed methods design choice and the research problem identified as well as new thoughts and insights relating directly to the problem and a mixed methods research design. Your response should also reflect scholarly writing and current APA standards.