Last Updated on 01/10/2022 by Sophia
Critical Analysis Paper: You will write a 5-6-page paper on an individually-selected topic. You can choose any topic relating to sex, power and politics. For example some possible topics include sex and disability, political scandals, gender in advertisements, etc. To successfully write the paper, you need to consult library sources and find academic articles on your topic (i.e.: find readings not covered in class). You should use PRIMARY academic resources (not newspapers or magazines or webpages) such as original research from academic sources (usually journal articles from peer reviewed journals or academic books). Please see below for article on “Determine if your Source is Scholarly.
Your papers should contain academic resources, including in-text citations and a reference list/bibliography
- Your OWN original topic and argument, including a clear thesis statement.
- Papers you wrote in other classes are not eligible for credit
- Have a similarity rate of under 10% (not including references or quotes)
- You cannot use a paper you used for another class — you cannot get credit for one paper in two classes
- Your citations and reference list should be in APA format (abstracts are optional)
- At least 5 sources outside of class readings (we highly recommend using Zotero)
- Your references can include readings from class but must also include at least 5 outside academic references
- Be double-spaced with one-inch margins and have a title page
The topic for this paper will be *Transgender in the criminal justice system*
There are two files that I uploaded to help start your search your sources